Tuesday, January 20, 2009

When a Stranger Calls

I was waiting for my ride at the Westmont PATCO station, when I discovered a cell phone sitting on the bench. Knowing the crippling effects of losing one's cell phone, I picked it up and scanned through the contacts until I landed on "Mom". A woman picked up, "Hello?"

Me: "Hello, my name is Kristen Burke, and I found this cell phone at the Westmont PATCO station. I dialed the number that said 'Mom'"

Mom: "Oh, I don't know whose that could be."

Me: "...Huh. Well...there's a picture of a woman and young boy on the phone."

Mom:  "Oh! Maybe it's my son's!"

Me: "...y-yes. That sounds right."

Mom: "Where are you? I'm in Long Island."

Me: "Well, I'm in New Jersey, and I'm going to leave the phone with an attendant here."

Mom: "Ok...hmmm"

Me: "Could you call your son at home and let him know where it is?"

Mom: "Oh, Ok! Yeah! I could do that."

Me: "Greeeaat."

On another topic, I believe cling wrap is one of the biggest lies in this country. 

No comments: