Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 1- A Winter in Ohio


#40: Week One- A Winter in OhioShare

Ways to look stupid in Cleveland, Ohio:

The ASL sign for "depends" is dangerously close to the sign for "bacon". For example, the other day I signed "I'm gonna have to bacon on you for this one." "Jacket" also looks like "monkey". IE "Well, let's all put on our monkeys and search for the golden ticket". Finally, the sign for "recent" is very close to the sign for "sexy". IE "This, Charlie, is my sexiest invention..."

Don't forget to interpret for the Deaf actors. It will cause them to sign from across the room "Hello?! Remember me? I'M DEAF!"

When your boss tells you they found a giant eagle in their car, try and stifle the urge to jump and say "Wow! How did it get IN there?!" It will make you feel pretty stupid when you realize Giant Eagle is a popular local grocery store.

"Women don't control the world; they just control the men who control the world"~The old man who decided to shuffle up to me in the grocery store today. He didn't say anything else and he didn't buy anything, so this must be some kind of Sunday night ritual.

No comments: