Tuesday, October 27, 2009


It is a universal truth that some foods just taste better when it is shaped differently. You know what I'm talking about, like when you were five and your aunt made pancakes shaped like Snoopy?. Or when you first went to school and your mom cut the crusts off your bologna and lettuce sandwiches using a star shaped cookie cutter? I think we can all agree that Reese's peanut butter cups exceed their already stellar performance in the candy universe when they are shaped like pumpkins. And, I'm sorry, but why do zebra cakes only call to me once a year, when some holiday angel decided they should be shaped like Christmas trees? My "Taste of the Nation" cookies also fall into this grouping, but that's probably because you get your daily helping of Liberty in every funfetti-y, democratic bite.

"I think it's a broken strap off of a bag. And you can have it for free. Because it's a broken strap off of a bag."~The sales lady at AIDS thrift as I looked for my Halloween costume.

No comments: